18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers Jackson, Mississippi
Have you been injured in an accident with a semi-truck? Do you need the help of a truck accident attorney in Mississippi? If so, Germany Law Firm, PLLC, can help you.
Every year, thousands of individuals across Mississippi are injured in accidents that involve a commercial 18-wheeler truck, a semi-truck, or a tractor-trailer truck. These accidents often result in far more serious injuries than other typical motor vehicle accidents simply because of the size and weight of these massive trucks compared to the average passenger vehicle. When these trucks are traveling at high rates of speed, the results of the accident can increase the severity of injuries and leave the injured victims to deal with overwhelming pain and suffering – mentally, physically, and financially.
When victims are injured in 18-wheeler accidents due to the careless, negligent, or reckless actions of another driver, they are often rushed by the insurance companies of those at fault and offered minimal settlements for their injuries. These offers are often less than what is needed to cover medical expenses, let alone any other losses or damages that resulted from the accident.
Instead of accepting a settlement offer from an insurance company, it is crucial for victims who are injured in an accident involving a semi-truck to contact a Jackson 18-wheeler accident attorney from the Germany Law Firm, PLLC, to ensure their legal rights are protected.
Since 1981, attorney Bob Germany has helped thousands of victims get full and fair compensation for their legal claims. When victims are harmed due to the negligent actions of others, our attorneys evaluate their claims, consult with, and hire expert witnesses, and take various other steps toward ensuring the injured victims get the justice and compensation they are entitled to and deserve. Contact our 18-wheeler accident attorneys in Jackson as soon as possible to see how we can help you.
Why Truck Accidents in Jackson Are So Complicated
Individuals harmed in truck accidents need the skill and knowledge of a reputable 18-wheeler accident attorney in Jackson. These accidents are far more complex than typical automobile collisions. The size of trucks compared to passenger vehicles means accidents in which they are involved are more likely to result in catastrophic or fatal injuries.
In many cases, truck drivers are supported by large companies that have extensive insurance coverage. This enables accident victims to get full and fair compensation for their injuries and damages resulting from the accidents. The fact that these cases often have multiple parties and are strictly regulated and guided by both federal and local laws and regulations means it is imperative that victims obtain legal representation from attorneys experienced with handling these claims.
With nearly four decades of experience, victims can rest assured knowing their legal rights are protected when they hire a dedicated semi-truck accident attorney from Germany Law Firm, PLLC. Our attorneys have the experience, time, and resources needed to handle even the most complex and complicated truck accident claims for victims all over Mississippi. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case evaluation to see how we can assist you.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents In Mississippi
Truck accidents can happen for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, we see common factors in most collisions that involved semi-trucks. Some of the most common causes of 18-wheeler accidents are:
- Driver Negligence: Ignoring traffic control devices and stop signs can result in serious and life-altering collisions. Sadly, there are countless truck accidents that occur due to the negligent acts of drivers.
- Speeding: The size and weight of semi-trucks make them more dangerous on roadways than most other vehicles. Adding speed to the factor can make a collision lethal. Truck drivers who speed are more likely to have difficulties braking in congested traffic and controlling their vehicles properly.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are eating, drinking, talking on the phone, or engaging in other activities while operating their vehicles are more likely to be involved in accidents. Individuals harmed in these accidents may be entitled to restitution to cover various damages incurred.
- Drowsy Driving: Although strict federal regulations are in place to ensure truck drivers get enough sleep between shifts, there are countless instances where truck drivers continue to drive beyond their limits. This can result in them being drowsy or tired behind the wheel. Not being completely alert while driving can result in a devastating collision.
- Driving while Intoxicated: Semi-truck drivers are held to much higher standards for drinking and driving. The size and weight of these vehicles mean that operators should be in total control and fully alert while behind the wheel. Drivers who cause accidents due to being intoxicated can face both criminal and civil punishment.
- Cargo Spills or Shifts: It is crucial for trucks to be loaded properly. When loads are uneven, stacked improperly, or not properly secured, it can cause problems for drivers. An unbalanced load can throw off the balance of the truck and result in a shift of the cargo causing the truck to overturn. In these cases, several parties can be held liable for injuries and damages incurred.
- Vehicle Failures: Defective brakes, improperly working mechanics, and other failures can make it impossible for truck drivers to operate their vehicles correctly. These failures could be caused by defective parts or negligent maintenance. It is crucial to contact an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Jackson to explore the legal options available for your case.
- Road Conditions: Inclement weather or unknown roadways can be dangerous for semi-truck drivers. When drivers are unfamiliar or unable to navigate across roadways, they may lose control of their vehicles and crash into others.
If you were injured in a truck accident that you believe took place because of another driver’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and the subsequent damages that resulted because of the accident. Contact truck accident attorneys at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC, in Jackson to explore the legal options available for you.
Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers in Jackson Can Help You
Every year, countless victims in and around Mississippi are injured in 18-wheeler truck accidents. Sadly, these accidents can result in the need for extensive medical treatment for those who are injured and sometimes even result in the death of the victims involved. In many cases, victims sustain serious and life-altering injuries that are painful and costly to treat. The unfortunate truth is that some of these victims are injured in accidents due to the negligent actions of others. When victims are harmed in accidents as the result of others, it is crucial that they contact an 18-wheeler accident attorney in Jackson to protect their legal rights.
Our attorneys at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC, have extensive experience helping accident victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. Over the years, we have helped numerous clients collect multi-million dollar settlements for their claims. We are dedicated to helping those harmed get the maximum amount of compensation available for their claims. Contact our big rig accident attorneys in Jackson at (601) 487-0555 to see how we can assist you.