Why it’s Important to Review and Update Your Car InsuranceMississippi Legal News
Understanding what is included in your car insurance policy will be helpful should a crash happen. Furthermore, to best protect yourself and your family, reviewing your car insurance can also give you a chance to really think about your coverage. You can better determine if there are areas where you can make adjustments to improve your protection should a crash take place.
Car accidents happen with high frequency across the country. Every day there are many car accidents that result in injuries and tragically, death. Having enough insurance coverage can help a victim of a crash especially when the expenses are substantial. If you were the victim of a car accident, Bob Germany is a Jackson car accident attorney that can assist you with your personal injury claim.
How Much Insurance Do You Need in Mississippi?
For the great majority of states across the nation, there are specific insurance requirements that people must have to lawfully drive an automobile. Having minimum requirements is one way to improve the chances that should an accident happen, victims can have help paying for their damages. Mississippi has its own car insurance requirements including:
- Liability coverage for a driver or an owner of a car to cover one person’s injuries and death must be a minimum of $25,000.
- Liability coverage for a driver or owner of a car to cover total injuries and death must be at least $50,000.
- Liability coverage for a driver or owner of a car to cover property damages must be at least $25,000.
In addition to Mississippi’s car insurance requirements, a driver can choose to bulk up their protection by purchasing other coverage options such as:
- Collision coverage for damages your vehicle sustains when it is hit by another vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage for damages to your vehicle from other events like inclement weather conditions.
- Uninsured and underinsured coverage is incredibly important for instances when a crash happens and the driver that hits you does not have any insurance coverage or does not have sufficient coverage. In the state of Mississippi, the chances for a crash under these circumstances are very high. It is estimated that just under 24% of all drivers in the state do not have car insurance making Mississippi the second-highest state in the nation for these drivers.
Having enough insurance will benefit you in the long run. The hope and goal of every driver are to always avoid a crash, both causing one or being victimized by one. Still, no driver is completely immune from a collision. So, being proactive with adequate insurance coverage could be tremendously beneficial should a crash take place.
Speak with a Jackson Car Accident Attorney Today
The Germany Law Firm, PLLC is a Jackson personal injury law firm that can help victims of injury accidents secure the compensation they need to recover from their harm and move on with their lives. To learn more about obtaining compensation from a Mississippi personal injury claim, please call the Germany Law Firm, PLLC today to schedule a free consultation at (601) 487-0555.