When Commercial Trucking Companies Contribute to AccidentsMississippi Legal News
There are quite a number of ways that a commercial truck accident can happen in Mississippi. Many times driver error is the cause, but not always. A commercial trucking company has a responsibility to the public to make sure their trucks are properly maintained and they engage in safe hiring practices. Failure to do so makes them liable for damages when a truck accident happens and rightfully so. Large 18-wheelers truck accidents in Jackson tend to be catastrophic. These incidents can not only cause permanent, life-altering injuries and long-term mental distress, but they can also be very deadly.
If you were involved in a Mississippi truck collision and you were injured or lost a loved one as a result, you can file a suit to recoup your damages. To help you with your Mississippi personal injury claim, Germany Law Firm, PLLC has a dedicated Mississippi commercial truck accident lawyer that has been serving the greater Jackson community with effective legal counsel for more than 40 years.
What Actions By Mississippi Commercial Trucking Companies are Considered Negligent?
A commercial trucking company in Mississippi that does any of the following will be considered negligent should an accident result:
- Not following proper maintenance schedules or fixing issues that come up with their trucks is dangerous. Whether it is the need for new tires, replacing a light, or not having the truck inspected, companies are responsible for the upkeep of their fleet. Failure to do so can immediately turn a truck into a deadly weapon and put the public in danger.
- There are specific guidelines that truck drivers must follow and that trucking companies are required to have their drivers abide by. Not following these rules, such as taking the right brake times or making drivers work too many long consecutive hours is inappropriate and remiss.
- When a trucking company does not ensure that a truck has its cargo properly loaded so that it is balanced and secured, this could affect the driver’s ability to control the vehicle and lead to a crash or a rollover incident.
- Employers that do not take the time to screen prospective drivers to ensure they will be safe on the road or companies that set drivers up to work without sufficient training puts everyone at risk for an accident.
- Forcing employees to include cargo that is illegal in their trailer and transport is unlawful and can also make the driver behave irrationally while behind the wheel.
Any of these actions can lead to serious commercial truck accidents such as t-bones, head-on collisions, underride incidents, and many other types of destructive events. After a commercial trucking accident, there may be more than one party that is held responsible for paying for victim damages including a trucking company. These claims can be much more challenging to litigate because of the intricacies that come with them which is why working with a proficient Jackson truck accident lawyer is essential.
Speak with a Mississippi Truck Accident Attorney Today
Bob Germany is a Jackson personal injury attorney that will support you and provide you with aggressive legal representation to obtain the compensation you need for all of your damages. To schedule your free consultation with Germany Law Firm, PLLC please call (601) 487-0555.