Top 5 Things That Can Go Wrong in a Medical Malpractice SuitMississippi Legal News
If you believe that you were harmed by your medical provider, you may be able to file a medical malpractice suit for compensation. It is important to note that medical malpractice claims can take a very long time to come to a conclusion and many times, the medical professional wins.
Medical malpractice cases are some of the most challenging to litigate. Often, they can take upwards of two years or more before they conclude. However, victims of medical malpractice cans suffer devastating injuries, illness, or death if there was negligence on behalf of their medical provider. For these individuals, justice and financial compensation are deserved.
It is imperative that a victim of potential medical malpractice have an experienced attorney representing them. If you live in Jackson, MS, Bob Germany is a Jackson medical malpractice attorney that has been helping victims of medical malpractice for over 38 years.
What Can Go Wrong During a Medical Malpractice Suit?
Victims who file medical malpractice claims and win can receive compensation for several forms of damages including medical expenses, pain, and suffering, and lost income, to name a few.
Statistically, though, it estimated that:
- As high as 90% of all medical malpractice suits favor the medical provider when a claimant does not have sufficient documentation.
- As high as 70% of all medical malpractices suits favor the medical provider when a claimant has a decent amount of documentation.
- As high as 50% of all medical malpractice suits favor the medical provider when the claimant brings strong documentation.
When a medical malpractice suit is filed, the following five circumstances could arise and be problematic for claimants:
- Teams of attorneys representing the defense are highly paid, aggressive, skilled, and specialize specifically in combatting claims of medical malpractice. This is why also having an attorney on your side with specialized knowledge of medical malpractice is necessary.
- Finding acceptable expert witnesses can be difficult.
- The evidence presented is ambiguous or debatable.
- Litigation can quickly become highly complicated and involved.
- The jury has a bias against people who file medical malpractice claims due to rampant fraud and the existence of false accusations against medical providers.
Victims of medical malpractice should take their case to a qualified attorney for review. If there is a case to be made, the right legal counsel will know how to begin preparing.
Victims of medical malpractice in Mississippi have two years to file a claim from the date that they realized their damages. The Jackson defective pharmaceutical product attorney at Germany Law Firm, PLLC can help you navigate the many provisions like the statute of limitations that exist with a Jackson medical malpractice claim.
Speak to a Jackson Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
The Jackson injury attorney at Germany Law Firm, PLLC has extensive experience with complex medical malpractice cases. For almost four decades, Germany Law Firm, PLLC has been advocating on behalf of injured people in the greater Jackson area.
To schedule your free case evaluation with Germany Law Firm, PLLC, please call (601) 487-0555 today.