Are you in need of a Medical Devices Lawyer in Mississippi?
Medical devices are designed to make your life a little more comfortable, whether they are controlling your heartbeat, increasing your mobility, or helping to make sure that you are breathing correctly. Regrettably, more than a few of these devices are known to stop working, break down, malfunction, and wind up hurting the same patients that they are designed to help. If you have been injured by a defective medical device, get in touch with one of the defective medical device attorneys at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC. Since 1982, our law firm has fiercely represented thousands of people who were unfairly affected by a defective medical device.
Some of the more common defective medical devices include, but are not limited to:
- Pacemakers that fail to or stop keeping the appropriate heart rhythm
- Any medical device that malfunctions, like an insulin pump or a pain pump
- Heart valve implants that break or leak, ending in recurring surgeries or even death
- Infections brought on by poorly made or non-sterilized devices
- Inadequately sterilized gynecological devices that can lead to infertility, miscarriages, or infections
- Breast implants or any other device that can cause harm to your immune system
- Defective knee replacement parts or hip implants
- See Also: Jackson Medical Devices Attorney
Current Lawsuits for Defective Drugs and Devices
If you or someone you love has suffered an injury caused by a defective drug or device, it is important that you call to consult with a qualified defective drugs and devices lawyer who can answer all of your questions. We can let you know if you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim, even if your defective medical device is not listed here.
The reality is that major medical device companies routinely make and sell defective medical devices that injure and kill innocent victims. Listed below are just a few of the more popular defective medical device class action lawsuits and multi-district litigation that has recently been brought to light:
Essure® Birth Control Lawsuits
Essure birth control devices are no longer being offered by healthcare professionals. This device is able to move to other areas of the body, resulting in perforation of the fallopian tubes and the uterus. Many women have described undergoing corrective surgeries and hysterectomies as a result of using the Essure birth control device. Additional dangerous side effects have been identified as well. Contact us if you or someone you love has been injured by using this product.
da Vinci® Surgical Robot
Poor physical feedback and a shortage of decent physician education are just a few of the reasons why medical procedures that utilize the da Vinci® surgical robot are 35% more likely to result in lethal consequences.
Mirena is a very popular birth control device that brings with it several serious hazards that most users are not aware of. If you have been injured by Mirena, speak with one of our attorneys to explore your options.
This medical device is embedded in patients who are at a tremendous risk of developing blood clots. Unfortunately, IVC Filters are able to come apart or migrate to other areas of the body, resulting in dangerous injuries and even death.
NuvaRing is another favorite device used for birth control that has been associated with dangerous side effects. If you suspect that your injuries are the result of your use of NuvaRing, then you need to speak with someone at our law firm as soon as possible.
Over the years, thousands of women have undergone the implantation of pelvic mesh or transvaginal mesh devices in order to treat stress urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse. These devices, however, are able to cause dangerous complications, like bladder perforations, severe pain, and infections.
Stryker Hip Implant
After announcing its voluntary recall in 2012, Stryker Orthopaedics expressed that these implants sometimes deteriorate in an untimely manner. When this occurs, the device is able to rust, crack, and give way to grave personal injury. These devices are very much like other metal-on-metal hip implants, which may bring about critical injuries to those who rely on them.
If you are one of thousands of women who took Zofran, while pregnant, in order to treat the symptoms of morning sickness throughout your pregnancy, and your child was born with a serious birth defect, you might be eligible to file a product liability claim. According to an article in Reuters, federal multidistrict litigation claims that GlaxoSmithKline, the drug manufacturer of the anti-nausea drug Zofran, neglected to inform expectant parents about the possibility of serious birth defects. As the article mentions, more than 100 cases are currently pending against GlaxoSmithKline and untold numbers of other families could have been negatively affected by this dangerous drug as well.
Who is Liable in my Legal Claim?
A legal claim for a faulty medical device is basically a product liability or a defective product lawsuit. There are three different sets of people against whom victims are permitted to bring a claim when dealing with a defective product lawsuit: the wholesaler, the retailer, or the manufacturer. Faulty medical device claims most often go after the manufacturer of the defective drug, implant, or device. The prevailing legal theory is that the people who actually made the medical device were aware or should have been aware of the product’s shortcomings and defects. Medical device manufacturers may be held responsible for creating and producing these defective and dangerous medical devices.
What Can a Defective Medical Device Attorney Do?
The United States Food and Drug Administration lists recalls and issues reports concerning the safety of these drugs and devices every single week in an effort to protect and prevent patients from potential injuries from these defective medical devices. When these devices break down or operate poorly, the victims undergo grievous injuries and might even be required to withstand further dangerous surgeries or other medical procedures in order to extract the device or fix the issue. Sadly, some victims will not survive their injuries. Some of the damages that you can recover with the help of a defective medical device attorney include, but are not limited to:
- Prescription Costs: The cost of prescription drugs alone following surgeries and corrective surgeries can leave victims questioning how they are going to afford everything, even if they have medical insurance. If you have been hurt by a defective medical implant, a faulty medical device attorney might be able to obtain reimbursement for prescription expenses related to your injury.
- Medical Bills: If you have been harmed by a medical implant or other device, a faulty medical device attorney should be able to recoup your money that was put towards your medical bills. It takes no time at all for medical expenses stemming from faulty medical devices to stack up. The price of rehabilitation and extended healthcare has been known to bankrupt entire families. As a matter of fact, exorbitant medical bills are the primary reason that families in the United States file for bankruptcy.
- Lost Wages: Mississippi law provides for victims of personal injury to recoup their lost wages. If you have been harmed by a defective medical device, it is feasible to assume that you had to take time off of work for the initial surgery and any subsequent corrective surgeries. You may also need time off to allow your body to heal from the trauma. Some victims of these defective medical devices may not be capable of going back to work after all they have been through. In either case, a defective medical device attorney will likely be able to have these losses included in your settlement.
- Corrective Surgeries: The majority of victims of faulty medical devices and defective implants require corrective surgeries in order to fix or substitute the broken implant or device. A faulty medical device attorney will typically be very skilled at obtaining money for corrective surgeries in a settlement.
- Loss of a Loved One: The plain and ugly truth is that defective medical devices frequently pave the way for the victim’s untimely demise. If this is something that happened to your family, a faulty medical device attorney will make every effort to secure the liability of the manufacturer for marketing a deadly product. Faulty medical devices cause death in lots of ways: heart attacks, falls, cancer, strokes, and more.
- Pain and Suffering: It is possible to obtain compensation for damages caused by pain and suffering for victims of faulty medical devices. This is compensation for the emotional and physical strain that is placed on them as a result of their injury. A faulty medical device attorney can petition to get these losses taken into consideration in your settlement. The emotional suffering brought on by corrective surgeries, rehabilitation, and health problems is overwhelming when you are handling life with a faulty medical device, and you may be entitled compensation for the mental trauma suffered in your case.
Defective Medical Device Attorney In Jackson, Mississippi
The makers of these defective medical devices have to be held responsible for the injuries that resulted from a product that they made and sold to the unsuspecting public. The defective medical device attorneys at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC have the experience you are looking for to confront the negligent drug manufacturers and medical device producers. We will make sure that you receive the maximum compensation allowed under Mississippi law. Our attorneys can help you recover damages for prescriptions, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Call the defective medical device attorneys of the Germany Law Firm, PLLC at 601-487-0555 and speak with an attorney today.