Product Liability Law Firm Jackson, Mississippi
Do You Need a Skilled Product Liability Lawyer in Jackson, Mississippi? Call Germany Law Firm, PLLC, today.
Consumers across the United States purchase items to use in good faith for a variety of different reasons. Some purchases are made out of necessity, some are made in an effort to make life more comfortable, while other purchases are made for recreation, fun, and enjoyment. Whatever the reason, you buy these things with a belief that the product will operate safely, the way it was meant to operate. We don’t expect the product to malfunction and cause injuries ranging from minor to fatal. Statistics published by the US Consumer Product Safety Commission found that over 29.4 million injuries occur across the United States, and more than 21,400 deaths, due to the use of defective products.
When victims are harmed by defective products, it is crucial that they contact a defective product injury attorney in Jackson as soon as possible to ensure their legal rights are protected. The Jackson personal injury attorneys at Germany Law Firm, PLLC, have almost four decades of experience helping victims in Mississippi get the justice and compensation they deserve and are entitled to for their injuries and damages resulting from the use of a defective product.
Our attorneys will review the details of your case, consult with and hire expert witnesses to help provide insight as to how the incident occurred, and aggressively negotiate on your behalf to ensure you get the maximum amount of compensation available. Contact our dedicated product liability attorneys in Jackson as soon as possible to discuss your injury and find out if you have the right to pursue a claim.
What is Product Liability?
The legal definition of product liability is the liability of a manufacturer or vendor of a product or goods be accountable financially for any injuries that result from the use of a faulty or defective item that they have sold.
The laws in Mississippi dictate that a company must take responsibility by ensuring that the product that they are selling to the public is safe and reliable. The product must have the proper warning labels that warn the consumer of the possible dangers that could arise from the usage of the product. These rules and laws in Mississippi have been put in place to ensure that if a consumer buys a product and an injury results from the use of that product, the injured victim may be entitled to compensation.
Whether a person purchases furniture, medication, a vehicle, or even food, they expect the product to function as intended, without any injuries or adverse reactions. The government took a proactive approach to ensure consumers remain safe by establishing and enacting product liability laws.
Although these laws are in place with good intentions, individuals continue to suffer due to dangerous and defective products. When individuals are harmed due to defective or malfunctioning products, it is crucial that they contact a Jackson defective product attorney to protect their legal rights. Call Germany Law Firm, PLLC, today to discuss your product liability injury to find out if you have the right to pursue compensation.
Most Commonly Filed Product Liability Claims In Jackson, Mississippi
The Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that more than two million people are injured annually due to defective furniture designs while countless others are injured by various types of products. Some commonly filed defective products liability claims involve the following types of products:
- Faulty or Defective Automotive Parts: Hundreds of victims are injured or killed in collisions due to faulty airbags, braking systems, autopilots, fuel lines, and steering systems each year. These defects can make it difficult or impossible for victims to control their vehicles.
- Defective Power Tools: Nearly one million people are injured annually by defective tools across the United States. These injuries often result in thousands of dollars in medical expenses and leave victims permanently impaired.
- Hazardous Toys: Close to one-quarter of a million children are injured or killed each year across the United States by defective toys. These products can cause injuries like burns, punctures, broken bones, lacerations, bruises, suffocations, and even strangulations.
- Defective Medical Equipment and Medications: The FDA recalls hundreds of products annually due to defects in their designs. Another 200 more products are recalled each year due to issues surrounding medications that individuals take daily without realizing the potential dangers.
- Child Safety Restraints: These products are designed to keep children safe in motor vehicles and in various other locations. Unfortunately, the risks associated with these products are typically discovered until it is too late. These defective products can result in serious and life-threatening injuries for infants and children.
When consumers are injured by defective products, it is imperative that they contact a defective product lawyer at Germany Law Firm, PLLC, in Jackson as soon as possible to ensure that their rights are protected.
Dangerous Products and Who can be Held Liable for Them
There are countless ways a product can be deemed defective and dangerous. Some of the most common types of defects noted in Mississippi include:
- Marketing Defects: These defects are present when products are not marketed appropriately to consumers. When individuals have to guess how to use a product, it can be a very dangerous situation.
- Design Defects: Although these defects are present very early on, they are often unnoticed until someone is harmed.
- Manufacturing Defects: These defects occur when manufacturers do not use proper materials or processes to make products for consumers.
- Failure to Warn: These defects occur when products are offered to consumers yet they do not have adequate safety warnings. When individuals are unaware of how, when, or where to use a product, they are at risk of using it in inadequate conditions.
When product defects are present under any of these circumstances, consumers who are injured can file legal claims against the responsible parties. In Mississippi, there are several parties who can be held independently or jointly liable for injuries and damages resulting from defective products. These parties include:
- The designer of the product
- The manufacturer of the product
- Installers or assemblers
If you were injured by a defective product, it is crucial that you contact a defective product injury attorney in Jackson as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages resulting from the defect and subsequent injuries.
A Defective Product Injury Attorney in Jackson Can Help You
Being injured by a defective product can have a devastating impact on a victim’s life. Not only do those harmed often sustain serious and life-altering physical injuries but the mental and emotional trauma and suffering are often overwhelming. To make matters even worse, victims often endure thousands of dollars in medical expenses while being forced out of work for medical treatment and to recover. When victims are injured by a defective product, it is so important to contact a defective product injury attorney at Germany Law Firm, PLLC, in Jackson as soon as possible to discuss your legal options for compensation.
Over the past 37 plus years, our attorneys at Germany Law Firm, PLLC, have fought aggressively on behalf of injured accident victims to ensure they get the justice and compensation they are entitled to and deserve. Our team of aggressive personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping victims move forward with their recovery from their accidents and ensure the best possible outcome in their injury claim. We work diligently to help injured Mississippians collect the maximum amount of compensation for medical treatment and various other damages resulting from the use of a defective product. Contact our defective product injury attorneys in Jackson today at (601) 487-0555 to schedule a free case evaluation to explore legal options available for you.