- 1 Are you in need of a Truck Accident Lawyer in Mississippi?
- 2 Mississippi Truck Accidents
- 3 Common Injuries Incurred In a Mississippi Truck Accident
- 4 Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents In Mississippi
- 5 Commercial Truck Accidents – Employer Issues
- 6 Types of Truck Accidents That Occur in Mississippi
- 7 Aggressive Representation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
Are you in need of a Truck Accident Lawyer in Mississippi?
There are a lot of large commercial trucks that fill the Mississippi roadways as they travel throughout the state delivering goods from place to place. Interstate truck commerce is a good thing for Mississippi’s economy, but those good things can come with a price. When a large commercial truck crashes into a much smaller passenger car, the accident is more likely to cause catastrophic injuries and sometimes even death to those involved.
Accidents that involve big trucks or semi-trucks can happen in the blink of an eye and can be caused by a number of different factors. These reasons can involve things such as an inexperienced truck driver, terrible road conditions, a fatigued driver, a mechanical problem, or a driver who is blatantly disobeying the rules and traffic laws. In a lot of truck accidents, the negligence lies with the truck driver. In other instances, the negligence lies with the driver of the passenger vehicle that was involved in the crash.
Having a skilled and experienced attorney on your side can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. The lawyers at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC have a long history of successfully helping the injured victims in Mississippi who were injured in an accident that was caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another driver. We have been practicing personal injury law for more than 38 years and have a proven track record of success. Let us help you through this complicated and confusing time in your life.
Mississippi Truck Accidents
Trucking accidents occur all too frequently on America’s highways and freeways and are especially troubling in Mississippi. In 2014, there were 44 fatal accidents that involved a large truck. This translates to 0.0015% fatalities per capita in the state, which is an alarming statistic considering the state’s low population.
18-wheeler and other large commercial truck accidents on Mississippi highways and roadways are often catastrophic in nature and can cause serious injury or even death. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident involving a commercial truck that was caused by the negligent actions of another driver, it’s imperative that you speak with a skilled and knowledgeable Mississippi truck accident lawyer as soon as possible to see if you have the right to file a claim for your injuries and losses.
People who sustain injuries in an accident that involved a tractor-trailer truck require the representation of an aggressive truck accident attorney. If you’ve been in any type of truck accident, you deserve the maximum compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
If you’ve lost a loved one in a truck accident, you deserve compensation for funeral costs, the loved one’s medical bills, and a myriad of other costs. The attorneys at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC have been helping the injured victims of Mississippi get the compensation that they are entitled to for the injuries that they sustained in their accidents. If you believe that your accident was caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person you may be able to file a personal injury claim to cover your losses. Contact our law office today to speak with a knowledgeable attorney who can answer all of your questions.
Common Injuries Incurred In a Mississippi Truck Accident
Because semi-trucks are larger than any other vehicle on the roadways, they tend to have more serious injuries associated with their accidents. When truck accidents do occur, they do major damage to whoever and whatever they collide with. The injuries sustained in these types of accidents are often more severe than those acquired in a car on car crash. Some of the most common injuries experienced in trucking accidents include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries/Paralysis
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Burns and Disfigurement
- Broken Bones
- Internal Injuries
- Rib and Torso Injuries
- Wrongful Death
A commercial truck that is carrying a fully loaded trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 lbs. When you compare that to the weight of a standard passenger vehicle that weighs in at approximately 3,000 lbs, you can understand why the injuries sustained in a wreck with one of these massive trucks can cause such catastrophic results.
Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents In Mississippi
Every truck wreck in Mississippi is unique. The most common causes of truck accidents in Mississippi can put into three different categories: negligence of the truck driver, the other driver’s inability to maneuver around these large commercial vehicles effectively, and poorly maintained vehicles.
There are a number of factors that can come into play when a truck accident takes place. Some of the most common factors that come into play in a truck accident are as follows:
- Driver Fatigue
- Brake Trouble
- Tire Trouble
- Poor Road Conditions
- Distracted Driving
- Shifting Cargo
- Bad Weather Conditions
- Lane Drifting
- Objects in the Roadway
- Blind Spots
- Improper Truck Maneuvers
- Reckless Driving
- Cargo Shifting
- Rollover Caused by Mental Distraction
- Impaired Driving
The lawyers at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC possess the resources to reconstruct, analyze, and investigate large truck collisions. We know and understand all the Mississippi laws pertaining to trucking employment laws, Department of Transportation regulations, and the guidelines of the Federal Motor Carrier Association. If you’ve suffered from a large truck accident of any type, call us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Commercial Truck Accidents – Employer Issues
There are also commercial employer issues that come into play when a truck accident occurs. These commercial employer issues, such as:
- Lack of brake, tire, or lights maintenance
- Unsecured, unbalanced cargo
- Pushing drivers to work long hours
- Employing unprepared drivers
- Violating safety inspections
- Ignoring federal safety guidelines for their employees
- Encouraging or forcing employees to transport illegal cargo
The dedicated Jackson truck lawyers at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC understand that injuries that are caused by large commercial semi-truck accidents can be life-changing and catastrophic in nature. We want to assist you and help you make it through this difficult and confusing time in your life. If you or someone you love has been injured or lost their lives in a Mississippi truck accident, contact the lawyers at the Germany Law Firm, PLLC today to schedule a free consultation with one of our specialists.
Types of Truck Accidents That Occur in Mississippi
The most common types of truck accidents that occur in our state. Here are the most commonly reported types of truck accidents that occur every year.
- Head-on Collisions – This type of accident occurs when a truck driver is involved in a head-on collision with another vehicle. These types of crashes often leave the victim with injuries that will last throughout their lives.
- Jackknife – Jackknifing indicates that the truck’s trailer folds over at its hinge and creates an acute angle with the cab of the truck. The two most common reasons that a semi-truck is involved in this type of accident include severe braking and skidding.
- Under Ride – This kind of crash involves a semi-truck who stops abruptly causing smaller passenger vehicles or pickup trucks to slide under the trailer of the semi. These types of wrecks are some of the most deadly that involve large commercial vehicles.
- Truck Rollovers – When a trucker loses control of his vehicle, it will often roll onto its side before it slides across the highway, taking innocent motorists with it.
- T-Bone – This type of crash usually takes place when a trucker or a passenger car driver runs a red light or stop sign. This action can cause a T-bone accident that will end up causing a catastrophic collision that generally results in serious injury or death.
- Lost Loads – When a truck’s freight or cargo is not loaded correctly or properly tied down onto a truck’s trailer, the loads can shift or fall out or off of the trailer causing serious danger to other motorists who are sharing the road and highways with them.
- Blind Spots – Blind spots occur when the truck driver can not see the other automobiles on the roadways around as they attempt to make a lane change. This puts the cars that are adjacent to the truck in extreme danger of being crushed, hit, or pushed off of the road.
- Rear-End Crashes – The massive size and weight of these commercial trucks will cause a rear-end crash to be especially dangerous and violent. These wrecks usually involve significant property damage, catastrophic injuries that can result in death.
- Wide Turns – Also called a swinging turn, these types of wide turns occur when the truck driver swings his truck left to maneuver a right turn. When doing that, the semi can make contact with other cars to the right, pinning them between the sidewalk and the trailer.
Aggressive Representation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
Commercial truck accidents involve several different factors that make them more complex and complicated than a car-on car accident. There are many laws in place that govern truck drivers and there are often several insurance companies involved when a truck accident claim is filed. Truck accident injury is almost always more complicated and will require the representation of a qualified and skilled Mississippi personal injury attorney.
One of these factors has to do with how many people are injured in the truck collision. When a truck driver has to stop his or her vehicle suddenly, it often causes a chain-reaction crash. That means that multiple passenger vehicles may slam into the back or side of the semi-truck causing a serious multi-vehicle crash. The massive loads can shift in the crash and cause extensive property damage and serious injuries.
Major insurance companies that will fight at all costs to avoid paying out to victims almost always boost truck companies over the needs of victims.
These complicating factors include:
- Insurance resistance
- Multiple parties involved in the suit
- Federal laws and regulations
If you or a loved one has been injured in an 18-wheeler crash, do not wait to find aggressive legal representation to ensure that your rights are protected. The powerful financial and legal resources a truck company possesses do not leave much of a chance for an individual to receive their full compensation without the aid of a skilled and knowledgeable accident attorney. With our proven track record of million-dollar settlements for our truck accident victims, lawyers at Germany Law Firm, PLLC are here and ready to help you right now.
Bob Germany’s team of experienced truck accident lawyers has been serving the Jackson, Mississippi area for nearly 40 years. During this time, we have settled up to $4,000,000 with truck companies as well as received over a million dollars in verdict settlements against truck manufacturers. Our track record of working with individuals on personal injury and wrongful death cases is superb. Contact the Germany Law Firm, PLLC at 601-487-0555 for a no-cost consultation. See our locations in: Jackson and Southaven.