Similar to personal injury suits in Mississippi, it is very hard to give an average amount of money that victims filing a Mississippi wrongful death claim will receive. It all comes down to what the accident was, how it happened, why it happened, and all of the supporting details. Wrongful deaths can take place for many reasons. Fatal slip and fall accidents, car accidents, grave product defects, or life-ending medical malpractice are just some of the situations that can lead to the loss of life. But there are many more than these.
If you have lost a loved one all too soon due to the negligence of another party, then you are undoubtedly going through immense emotional distress. Despite this, you still have bills piling up from final expenses to loss of income, medical costs, and any other damages. Combined, these are all expensive and you should not have to also bear these losses during such a trying time. The Germany Law Firm can help you with your Mississippi wrongful death claim and advocate on your behalf for the most compensation after you lost a loved one because of another party's careless actions.
How Much Can You Get in a Mississippi Wrongful Death Claim?
Wrongful death suits are a way for families of victims that have lost their lives by the negligence of others to obtain compensation for the damages that their loved ones suffered. Wrongful death claims and their settlements do not eliminate the pain and grief that families are burdened with. These suits, though, do provide some level of justice to families. They also produce monetary compensation to help families recoup the costs that come with losing a dear family member.
When you have lost a loved one in a Mississippi fatal injury accident, the best way to determine what your case is worth is to speak with a wrongful death attorney in Mississippi. A qualified and experienced Jackson wrongful death attorney can thoroughly examine your case and evaluate all aspects of what happened to your beloved family member. Then, a true value on your case can be determined and your attorney will inform you as to what a fair settlement should look like.
With wrongful death cases, there is no normal or average amount. The level of negligence, the way a person lost their life, the position the deceased had in their family, and many other factors weigh into the final sum. There are several damages that can be included in a Jackson wrongful death claim including:
- Medical bills that were a result of the medical care your loved one needed before they passed.
- Final expenses like funeral costs and how expensive it was to bury the deceased can be put into a wrongful death claim and be accounted for.
- If the person was a source of income for a family, then not just the loss of their current wages but also the loss of their earning potential in the future can be incorporated into a wrongful death claim in Mississippi.
- Property that was damaged can be paid for in a claim.
- Pain and suffering that the deceased experience should be included.
- The mental toll that the loss of a loved one caused various family members can also be, and should be put into a wrongful death claim.
- For spouses who suffered a loss of consortium or children that lost a mentor, the value of their presence being eliminated is an important part of a wrongful death claim.
Speak to a Mississippi Wrongful Death Attorney Today
Bob Germany is a Mississippi wrongful death attorney who that understands losing a loved one is never easy. Securing justice on their behalf and compensation to help with the costs of the loss, though, are necessary. Schedule a free consultation with Germany Law Firm, PLLC today to discuss your case and learn more about what it is worth at (601) 487-0555.