Despite the reality that air travel is a very safe way to get from one place to the next, air travel like any means of transportation is not risk-free. There is always the chance that an accident can happen and individuals involved may suffer injuries or death.
When it comes to aviation accidents, similar to car accidents, human error is the leading reason for these incidents taking place. Because of the size of an aircraft and the fact that when in flight, the aircraft is so far up in the skies, aviation accidents can have disastrous outcomes.
If you were injured in an aviation accident in Jackson, you can work with an attorney to file an injury claim for compensation. The Jackson aviation accident attorney at Germany Law Firm, PLLC can examine your case and assist you with your claim.
How Does Human Error Happen in Aviation Accidents?
The Federal Aviation Administration reports that just under 90% of all general aviation accidents are a result of some form of human error. Specifically, errors that a pilot makes are most often the reason behind why a plane crash takes place. While this is true, human error on the part of the pilot is not the only human error that can happen and be the cause of an airplane crash.
The following human elements are a part of ensuring that flights are taken off safely, fly securely, and land without incident. These three parties can also be to blame for making mistakes that lead to aviation accidents:
- Flying while intoxicated from either alcohol or drugs, or both.
- Flying when extremely tired and sleep-deprived.
- Not properly using automated flight systems.
- Pure negligence and carelessness.
- Insufficient training for a pilot and/or the flight crew.
- Not properly going through pre-flight and pre-landing protocols.
- Poor communications between pilots and flight crew.
Air Traffic Controller
- Feeling fatigued and overly tired.
- Inadequate staffing, lack of trained controllers.
- Controllers that do not have enough quality training.
- Not initiating safety warnings and other types of alerts for caution.
- Communication issues.
Aircraft Maintenance Team
- Exhaustion and fatigue.
- Strict deadlines.
- Not having up-to-date manuals.
- Not installing equipment correctly.
- Inferior training.
- Not following appropriate maintenance schedules.
- Not knowing how to properly work through a task.
As you can see, there are many parties involved in keeping a plane and flights safe for travel. Anyone can make a mistake that can lead to catastrophic outcomes when it comes to flying a plane. Victims of aviation accidents in Jackson should consider reaching out to the Jackson personal injury attorney at Germany Law Firm, PLLC for more information about how to obtain compensation after their aviation accident.
Speak to a Jackson Personal Injury Attorney Today
Working with an aviation accident lawyer can give you peace of mind that your case is being handled professionally and with your best interests in mind. This is particularly helpful while you are healing from your injuries. To schedule a free consultation with the Jackson aviation accident lawyer at Germany Law Firm, PLLC please call (601) 487-0555 today.