Five Important Facts to Know if You’ve Been in a Truck AccidentMississippi Legal News
The most common way that these items are transported around the country is by way of a commercial truck. Because of this, the United State’s commercial trucking industry has to meet these needs, and to do so it also must grow. It is estimated that of all the products that are shipped around the country, 70% travel in a truck.
There is a great variety in the size of the trucks that are used for delivering goods. Massive 18-wheeler trucks, mid-sized trucks, and even smaller trucks can all be used. The type of truck that is chosen to transport various items will be dependant on what the needs of the cargo are. For example, frozen products must be shipped in a truck that has specific temperature controls.
2021 Truck Accident Realities
Despite the importance that large trucks have to the United States economy and to Americans’ everyday lives, they are still quite dangerous to drivers. Over the years, commercial truck accidents have been increasing. In fact, from 2017 to 2018, these incidents were up by 1%.
There have been so many instances where truck accidents happen due to the recklessness of the truck driver or violations of the trucking company. Because of this, the trucking industry has been severely blemished in terms of the public’s perception that truckers are unsafe and careless. Personal injuries from trucking accidents and death have happened much too frequently across the country.
It is believed that by 2030, deaths from traffic incidents involving trucks would be the fifth most common cause of death in the country. Meaning that hazards associated with trucks on the road are not projected to decrease any time soon.
As of 20201, the following five truck accident facts are of particular note:
- From 2009 through 2021 truck accidents rose by 52%.
- The statistics show that truck accidents most often happen in the middle of the day from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Occupants of passenger vehicles take the brunt of the harm when they collide with a truck. Of all of the deaths reported where trucks were involved, 68% of the people in a passenger vehicle lost their lives.
- When it comes to fatal car accidents that were reported, the majority of about 74% included a truck.
- Operating a truck is extremely complex, more so than driving your average sedan. There are many considerations including ensuring that all components of the truck are in good condition. This is particularly true for a large truck’s tires because problems with tires are responsible for 30% of the trucking accidents that take place. Tire issues are the leading reason for a truck to crash.
Speak to a Mississippi 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Today
There is ongoing inspection into the trucking industry to try and figure out how to improve safety. Still, if you were injured in a trucking accident near Jackson, calling Germany Law Firm, PLLC will help you learn more about the best way to obtain compensation. The 18-wheeler injury law firm in Jackson has fought on behalf of many victims of large truck accidents to protect their rights and secure fair compensation.
Schedule your free consultation with the Jackson personal injury attorney at Germany Law Firm, PLLC today by calling (601) 487-0555.